Tuesday, July 15, 2008

americans are all wrong

I met an American today, and he was a jerk. He was loud, rude and pretty much annoying in every way. I was so annoyed by him, that I've decided to just drop the whole "Declaration of Independence" thing. If Americans are all so annoying, why should I believe the same thing that they believe?

Yes, this is a stupid thing to say. I know that. But the same idea carries over into religion all the time. For example, "I don't believe in God. It's not like Christians are any different anyway."

That is stupid. Whatever I do, God is the same. God was here before me, and God is always going to be bigger than I am. So don't judge God based on my actions. If you should choose to use the logic written above, I can't stop you. But I can sure tell you that it's not a good idea.

Be smart. Use uncommon sense.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Philippians 2:14-16 (NASB)
14. Do all things without grumbling or disputing;
15. so that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you appear as lights in the world,
16. holding fast the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I will have reason to glory because I did not run in vain nor toil in vain.
Unfortunately the world does want to be like us (Christians) because we are hypocrites. We have several generations of people that were taught, “Once saved always save”. They were not taught or discipled. “Just come forward once, then go to church. Every Sunday was an opportunity to be saved, but not an opportunity to grow. Maybe I just didn’t pay attention. There was those that was responsible, worked, school, then on the week-ends got drunk a partied, as long as they were in church Sunday morning. Proud because they were “beer drinking Baptist”. They looked down on the Catholic boys that went confessional. I had a Catholic man that said the difference was at least we repented. The deacons ran the church and ran off the young preachers, while they stood on the front porch of the church and smoked and condemned “them druggies”.
My change was when I read the Bible all the way through (in my own language). Even still there are days that I feel I have failed to be a light. And if this is not a crooked and perverse generation, take a look at MySpace.

jwright said...

Mitchell,
So I am now stalking you across the interweb. I followed you over from Stuff Christians Like since you invited Jon to Coleman, TX. I live in Coleman...my name is Jonathan Wright.

I just thought it incredibly awesome that someone else read his blog. Apologies of stalking and I do enjoy your line of logic on the "americans are all wrong." Did you notice that you gave it the grammatical extended middle finger? Either way, genius.